Melbourne’s South East is a dynamic hub of economic activity bringing together the most advanced elements of Victoria’s stand-out economy.
- nearly half of Victoria’s manufacturing sector
- more than a quarter of Victoria’s businesses
- automotive, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical & scientific equipment, & information technology sectors
- world class transport, communications & utility infrastructure
- a strong financial & business services base
- a qualified, experienced & rapidly growing workforce.
The region has become the location of choice for industry and high technology business, supported by leading edge research and development facilities in the Monash Technology Precinct, which includes five CSIRO (government scientific research) divisions, and Australia’s first Synchrotron.
A highly skilled, multilingual workforce live in the region, supported by some of the best secondary and tertiary education institutions in Australia. These include the country’s largest university (Monash) and three excellent Technical and Further Education (TAFE) colleges that provide vocational training across a diverse range of industry sectors.
Excellent road, rail and public transport networks provide easy access to Australia’s largest container port (Port of Melbourne), and Australia’s only curfew-free international airport (Melbourne Airport), as well as the substantial workforce of Melbourne. Optical fibre and fibre broadband networks are also operational within the region.
Established international businesses:
Holden Motor Sport
Melbourne’s South East, the great place to Work.