Whether you enjoy leisurely pursuits such as fine dining and wine tasting, or more energetic activities like playing golf or sailing on the bay, Melbourne’s South East has something for everyone.
- award winning wineries & restaurants
- urban villages, food & craft markets, factory outlets, major shopping centres
- significant performing arts & exhibition facilities
- beaches & bays for sailing, surfing, fishing, diving
- coastal walks & cycleways; national parks, reserves & mountain areas
- some of Australia’s most famous golf courses.
The Peninsula is one of the area’s most popular tourist destinations, with its enticing wineries, rolling hills and beautiful sea views.
Indulge your passion for shopping in Brighton’s urban villages, Springvale’s Asian food markets, Moorabbin’s factory outlet stores or major shopping centres such as Southland, The Glen and Box Hill Central.
Port Phillip and Westernport Bays provide numerous sheltered beaches, while excellent surf can be found on the coastline to the south.
Courses include: Royal Melbourne and Victoria in Melbourne’s ‘Sandbelt’ region, Kingston Heath, Huntingdale, Metropolitan, The Dunes, National, Cape Schanck, Peninsula, Sandhurst Club. And these are just the famous ones!
There are many beautiful parks, gardens and nature reserves including the National Park at Point Nepean, and the Emerald Lake Park in the Dandenong Ranges.
You can also explore artist trails, get lost in garden mazes or take a ride on the famous “Puffing Billy” steam train through the picturesque Dandenong ranges.
Melbourne’s South East, the great place to Play.