Melbourne’s South East is the most liveable part of the world’s most liveable city, enjoyed by 1.33 million residents.
- internationally recognised tertiary education at Monash University’s largest campus, & three leading TAFE institutes
- some of Melbourne’s finest primary & secondary schools
- an impressive range of career & business opportunities
- seaside & mountain lifestyle belts, quality urban homes, & luxury mansions
- easy access to Melbourne’s CBD, airport & interstate transport links
- a stimulating variety of beaches, parks, shopping & cultural activities
- a mild climate, open spaces & established infrastructure.
Whether you are looking for an affordable urban home, a modern townhouse, a mansion overlooking the sea, a country cottage, or a grand period villa in a leafy suburb, Melbourne’s South East has something for everyone.
An extensive network of institutions provides excellent government and private schooling, including schools servicing specific religious and cultural needs.
The tertiary level options are equally impressive, with the largest campus of Australia’s most internationally recognised university, Monash, located at Clayton.
A wide range of vocational interests are catered for by Technical and Further Education (TAFE) colleges in Holmesglen, Box Hill and Chisholm, where students benefit from close associations with local industry.
The area boasts several international standard golf courses, the beautiful beaches of Port Phillip and Westernport bays, magnificent parks, gardens and nature reserves, and the popular tourist and wine region of Mornington Peninsula. There is also an array of sporting and leisure facilities including marinas, seaside cycleways, and motor and horse racing facilities.
And not surprisingly in Australia’s shopping capital, retail therapy options abound at large shopping centres as well as specialist and boutique retailers.
Extensive road and rail networks cater for the region, which will soon also be home to three new Transit Cities (Dandenong, Box Hill and Ringwood), creating new public transport gateways for commuters and business.
The construction of a major new roadway, Eastlink, is currently underway and will connect the prime residential suburbs in the north of the region with the manufacturing belt in the east, and the Mornington Peninsula in the south.
Melbourne’s South East, the great place to Live.